Changing from a weekly payrun to a fortnightly pay run

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ElaineT
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Changing from a weekly payrun to a fortnightly pay run

Hi

we are changing the way we process our payroll, going from weekly to fortnightly.  We seem to be having trouble with the way our system calculates the tax.

is there a way to load the fortnightly tax scales onto our system (think we only have the weekly ones)

I have done a few dummy pay runs trying to get the tax to work out correctly, i thought it would be as simple as changing the pay period in the process payroll section from weekly to fortnightly? but the tax is still wrong

are you able to let me know the steps i must do for all my employees

thanks

1 REPLY 1
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Changing from a weekly payrun to a fortnightly pay run

Hi @ElaineT 

The tax tables loaded in AccountRight covers weekly pay frequency as well as fortnightly. Please first check to make sure you are using the latest tax tables by going to Setup > General Payroll Information, the current tax table revision date is 1/7/2019.

Then since the pay frequency of employees is changed, the set up within the employee cards need to be updated as well. Please drill into the employee card > Payroll Details, > Wages, update the Pay Frequency there then try Processing Payroll again > all employee paid fortnightly.

Please feel free to let us know how you go.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post