Clearing out Electronic Payments for Payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AEH2
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Clearing out Electronic Payments for Payroll

While reconciling the end of payroll year, our previous bookkeeper created a number of payroll transactions shifting payments between different payroll categories. For each payroll value there are 2 entries, one negative and one positve, therefore cancelling each other out. These entries are still sitting in the electronic payments window. If I tick the entries for processing I receive a message from MYOB advising against processing a negative disbursement (picture attached). How can I remove these transactions from the electronic payments window without it creating issues in my bank reconciliation?

MYOB.JPG
1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Clearing out Electronic Payments for Payroll

Hi @AEH2 

Thanks for your post. You can tick all of those transactions so that the Total payment amount is $0.00 and click on Bank file. Click Ok when you get that message that you've selected a negative disbursement, that's just letting you know that negative transactions aren't included when the bank file is created. When the Save as window opens click Cancel as you don't need to save the bank file.

This will remove the transactions from the Prepare Electronic Payments window and as the payment amount is $0.00 it won't affect your bank account. This post, Reversals in the Prepare Electronic Payments window, has more information on how to handle this.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post