Dad & Partner Pay, DPP Top-up, Covid Payment Top-up

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Celetas
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Dad & Partner Pay, DPP Top-up, Covid Payment Top-up

Hi

We have an employee on Dad & Partner leave.  He is claiming the Dad & Partner payment, which the government pays directly to him, and which we will top up to his normal wage.  My question is how is the top-up correctly recorded in MYOB?

I may be way off base but I'm wondering if we could set up the Dad & Partner payment as a one off, not regular, payroll deduction, such that the payment is decremented from the employee's normal pay? 

Similarly, we have another employee who has received the Covid payment from the government.  As with the Dad & Partner payment, we will be topping up the covid payment to the employee's normal wage in our next pay run.

Could/should the Covid payment also be set up as a deduction,  as per the Dad & Partner payment, so that the Covid payment is deducted from the employee's normal pay?

Our advice for handling the Covid payment is to reduce the employee's hourly rate so the total of the adjusted rate & the Covid payment net out to the employee's normal pay.  I'm not comfortable with this approach, but I'm floundering trying to establish how we're supposed to deal with these government payments that are paid directly to our employees that we typically top up to their normal pay.

If we can treat as deductions, happy to take advice on how to set up and classify for STP.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

214Kudos

124Solutions

Re: Dad & Partner Pay, DPP Top-up, Covid Payment Top-up

Have a look at the following link from ato

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/how-work-or-paid-leave-will-impact-your-dad-and-partner-pay?con...

My understanding is that the employee gets this and does not get paid by you ( the same as paid parental leave)

I suggest you talk to your accountant

Lisa

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post