EOFY STP figures not matching

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SSchultz
Experienced Cover User
91 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

91Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

EOFY STP figures not matching

Hello All,

First year using STP and now struggling to work out our to finalise EOFY. My Accountant can not help unfortunately.

I have never had issues balancing my figures at the end of a financial year, but this year it is not working out.

I have gone into the Payroll - Payroll Reporting - Payroll Reporting Centre and have printed out the YTD Verification Report.

I have also printed out the following reports to compare (July 2020 to June 2021): Payroll Activity Summary, Payroll Summary & Employee Superannuation Advice Summary.

Comparing the figures all individual's Superannuation and PAYG are all correct and match each individual report.

It is the Total Salary & Wages as per Payroll Summary Report that does not match. Also the STP Gross Wages does not match anything. I am out by $1,425.35.

What I have found is: One payslip was reversed for $925.35 (gross) and an advance payment was recovered for $500. I did report the reversed payslip and the advanced payment is correct, so why is this coming up as an issue?

Cheers,

Sharee

5 REPLIES 5
SSchultz
Experienced Cover User
91 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

91Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Re: EOFY STP figures not matching

Also, should have mentioned that I did check the Payroll Details and I receive a 'Nice One! Your company information and employee details meet ATO requirements'.

Another find is that some of our employee's gross wages does not match the individual report that you can download in the payroll reporting centre, however their superannuation does.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @SSchultz 

Thanks for your post. The big difference between the YTD verification report and the AccountRight reports is that STP filters by the ATO reporting categories assigned to the payroll categories. The AccountRight reports filter by the payroll categories. PAYG exemption will also exclude a payroll category from STP, this is a common issue with leave loading.

I'll give you some posts which should help with reconciling your EOFY. It may also be worth processing a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June to see if that updates STP.

AccountRight reports don't match STP reports

How does STP work

Understanding the YTD verification report

EOFY Resources 2021

If you're still have problems please do let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

SSchultz
Experienced Cover User
91 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

91Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Tracey.

Yesterday afternoon I processed a $0 payrun and this morning I checked, however nothing has changed.

I will try your other suggestions now.

Cheers,

Sharee

SSchultz
Experienced Cover User
91 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

91Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Tracey,

I have spent quite a few hours on this and have discovered Advance Pay was not assigned to STP, so that is one problem sorted. It was a category I had not used when I set up STP originally and just used it as a one off.

The remaining amount is a single pay that I reversed for the amount of $925.35, which is correct and I reversed it the way MYOB told me to. I also reported the reversed pay to the ATO. So why is this occuring and how can I fix it?

Cheers,

Sharee Schultz

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

@SSchultz 

Hi Sharee

Can I get you to send me the Payroll Activity detail report, Payroll Register detail and Summary of payments report for that employee by private message?

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post