Employee termination & STP Phase 2 - only Phase 1 option screen shows

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ElkaS
Trusted Cover User
68 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

68Posts

17Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Employee termination & STP Phase 2 - only Phase 1 option screen shows

I understood from the ATO and MYOB that now that STP Phase 2 has started that we will be reporting the termination reasons to the ATO under the Payroll Centre - Employment Terminations.  According to this help article below our file should be setup for STP Phase 2 and there's a new way to report terminations including the reason, however the option screen that appears in the employment termination section in our file is the usual one that has been there for a few years now.  I note that MYOB has been given extension of time to be STP Phase 2 compliant to 1Jan23, so does that mean this new screen won't appear for a while yet? Of course - happy to leave it as it is as have enough HR / Payroll actions to get done anyway Smiley Wink. Thanks, Elka

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Terminate+an+employee+in+Single+Touch+Payroll+reporting#expand...

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Employee termination & STP Phase 2 - only Phase 1 option screen shows

Hi @ElkaS 

Thanks for your post. If you want to report through STP Phase 2 you will need to transfer to Phase 2 from within AccountRight. The Help Article, Getting ready for STP Phase 2, has instructions for moving to STP 2.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

ElkaS
Trusted Cover User
68 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

68Posts

17Kudos

3Solutions

Re: Employee termination & STP Phase 2 - only Phase 1 option screen shows

Thanks @Tracey_H for this answer. I don't remember the initial help and email article from MYOB about how to transition to STP Phase 2 including the additional instructions of needing to manually transition our file to reporting in Phase 2. I assumed that the updates that MYOB does each time would already have this functionality inbuilt into it after we set up the file correctly.  Cheers, Elka

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post