End of Pay year processing.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
annbrinck
Experienced User
52 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

52Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

End of Pay year processing.

Hi

I pay staff both weekly and monthly - weekly pays are processed on a Thursday (so tomorrow 1st July & monthly on 15th).

1. Do I need to finalise the 20/21 STP information BEFORE I run the first weekly pay for the new financial year?

2. Can I finalise the STP information for weekly and monthly staff separately?

3. Can I just confirm that although the pay week will end on 30 June, because the payment date is 1st July, this will be considered a 2021/22 pay and super will be at 10%?

Thanks very much

Ann

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: End of Pay year processing.

Hi @annbrinck 

1. You can finalise your payroll reporting (STP) at any time. You just need to ensure that you have completed all pays in that payroll year. It does need to be done by 14 July where possible but I believe the ATO has extended that date.

2. As finalise is done on an employee basis you can finalise your employees in batches or all at once. Just tick the appropriate employee in the EOFY Finalisation window in the Payroll reporting centre that you want to finalise and select Set as Final. 

3. Generally speaking, it's the payment date that determines what applicable superannuation rate should be used. As such, if that payment date falls on or before 30/06/2021 then you should be used 9.5% otherwise for pays on or after 1/07/2021 it would be 10%.  Do check out Super guarantee rate increase 1 July 2021 for more information on this topic and how to deal with that super rate change in your software.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post