Give custom field a name

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CNC2065
Experienced Cover User
61 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

61Posts

88Kudos

0Solutions

Give custom field a name

I have created a custom field in Lists & Field Names/Employee & given it a name, Start Date.

However when I open a card list of employees the column heading is Custom Field 1, not the name I have given it, Start Date.  Is there a way of making the column heading the name I've given it?

4 REPLIES 4
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,041 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,041Posts

913Kudos

640Solutions

Re: Give custom field a name

Hi @CNC2065 

Suggest you re-check what you have done. While you can access the settings via Custom Lists > Lists & Field Names > Employees, you can change the tab - ensure the changes were made on the Employee tab. Just tested and works as it should in AR 2022.11

If yours isn't working perhaps attach a screenshot and advise what version of MYOB you are using, if AR2022, are you trying this via Browser or desktop software.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
CNC2065
Experienced Cover User
61 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

61Posts

88Kudos

0Solutions

I've checked the employee cards & the field name appears as Start Date in the Card Details tab.  I'm using AR2022.11 & desktop software but the file is online.  I don't want to attach a screenshot for confidentiality reasons.

Where the column name is still showing as Custom Field 1 is in the Card List screen.  The other columns I have are Phone No. 1, Employee ID, Date of Birth.

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,041 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,041Posts

913Kudos

640Solutions

Hi @CNC2065 

Thanks for clarifying where this was happening. I suspect this is a limitation of the Card List view. When selecting Columns to include, the default column names appear. I suspect the same thing would happen with an export.

If you need this in a report, right click and use Copy List to Clipboard, paste into excel and adjust column headings as required.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
CNC2065
Experienced Cover User
61 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

61Posts

88Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for replying.  I won't waste more time trying to work out how to change the heading.  The whole point of adding the column was so I could easily see when the employee started.  Not being able to change the column heading means I, or anyone else viewing it, will have to remember what the dates mean.

Surely MYOB could fix this as otherwise it seems pointless allowing you to customise the field in the first place.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post