Incorrect Payroll workers comp

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Koyote
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Incorrect Payroll workers comp

Hello,

I have processed and reported a number of pays for an employee on Workers Comp and now know that the pays should not have included superannuation or payroll tax, and the payroll category used was incorrect. How do i fix this? Do i need to reverse all the pays and re-enter? If yes is there an easy way of completing this when there are a number of pays to be fixed?

Also will we then get negative figures included in PAYGwithholding and Super reporting this month, that will balance out the previous months payments?

Cheers

1 REPLY 1
Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Re: Incorrect Payroll workers comp

Hi @Koyote,

Thanks for your post.

The best and cleanest way to resolve this would be to reverse each incorrect pay and then re-process them correctly. By doing this, the negative pay run (reversal) will offset the original (incorrect) pay run and balance each other out - not affecting any accounts or reports, however, recorded in your file for STP/ATO audit purposes. Please feel free to use the below link as a guide for this process:

If you have any further queries on this, please do reach out. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post