JCaroleo09
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Leave Not Accruing

We changed some of our employees from a 38hrs week to a 40hr week and although they all have the identical boxes ticked a couple of employees are not accruing the correct amount of leave 

Any Idea why this would happen

3 REPLIES 3
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Re: Leave Not Accruing

Hi @JCaroleo09,

It's great to have you here in the Community Forum!

I appreciate your post. I suggest rechecking the setup of your leave-pay items. For example, if the annual leave pay item or unused leave pay item is not linked to the leave entitlement category, it will not reduce when leave is taken. Please also note that only one leave accrual can be chosen for each wage-pay item. If this is the case, you may need to remove the linking by clicking on each pay item where needed.

Leave and entitlements has detailed information and instructions to assist with this.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

JCaroleo09
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

All employees on a 40hr week are linked to the same Entitlement Category so why would it only be calculating incorrectly for 3 employees when its calculating correctly for the rest?

They should all be accruing 6.15hrs of AL a fortnight but one employee is not accruing anything

and they should all be accruing 3.08hrs of PL a fortnight but 3 employees are not accruing anything

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,446 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,446Posts

180Kudos

386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @JCaroleo09,

If an employee is not accruing anything, the calculation of the leave entitlement is worth checking. Also, you will need to check the pay basis of the employee from the wage category. In your case, annual leave entitlement is not accruing anything. With that, you will need to go ahead and check the annual leave wage category. To do this, go to Payroll > Payroll categories > Wages and then select the annual leave wage category. Check if the pay basis if hourly or salary. If it's hourly, the calculation basis of the annual leave entitlement should be Equals [x] Percent of. On the other hand, if it's salary, then the calculation basis should be, Equals [x] Hours per. You may also click here for more information about leave and entitlements.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post