MYOB not entering pay rate for staff meeting category

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Spielwelt
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB not entering pay rate for staff meeting category

Hi,

For some inexplicable reason MYOB didn't enter the payrate for the staff meeting payroll category for our teachers this month. The hours they worked can be seen, but no monetary value is added to these hours. This is the first time it has happened and nothing has been changed in the payroll category field of MYOB itself. The only way I can now pay them their Staff Meeting allowance is by manually calculating and entering it during the pay process, which is not exactly fool proof. More importantly, I'd like to know why it stopped calculating this category (as it was automatically calculating this amount up until now) and how do I fix it. Thank you all and I look forward to getting your advice. With warm thanks, Margie

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Re: MYOB not entering pay rate for staff meeting category

Hi @Spielwelt,

Thank you for your post. 

Since you first noticed the category not calculating correctly, has each subsequent pay persisted with the issue? Or has this only happened once? If only once, could you please create a dummy/test pay run to check if the issue is persisting on a new pay run?

If the issue persists, could you please attach a screenshot with the setup of the payroll categories in question?

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Spielwelt
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sam and thank you so much for getting back to me.

This is the first time this has happened in my 4 years with the organisation. The Staff Meeting Payroll category set up hasn't been changed at all during that time and worked perfectly until this pay run. We have a monthly payroll and everything worked as normal until August. I've attached a screenshot of the dummy payslip...you can see the 1.25 hrs beside the Staff Meeting category but no monetary value is added, however all other categories calculate perfectly.

As requested, I have also attached a screenshot of how the Staff Meeting payroll category was set up. As mentioned, it was set up before I arrived, however I never had an issue with it until now.

I really hope you're able to help me as I can't work out why it would stop calculating properly. Thank you very much for your time and assistance in this matter which I truly appreciate.

Wishing you a wonderful afternoon and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

With warm thanks and deep appreciation,

Margie

Screenshot of dummy payslip.JPG
Staff Meeting payroll category set up.JPG
Spielwelt
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sam and thank you so much for getting back to me.

This is the first time this has happened in my 4 years with the organisation. The Staff Meeting Payroll category set up hasn't been changed at all during that time and worked perfectly until this pay run. We have a monthly payroll and everything worked as normal until August. I've attached a screenshot of the dummy payslip...you can see the 1.25 hrs beside the Staff Meeting category but no monetary value is added, however all other
categories calculate perfectly.

As requested, I have also attached a screenshot of how the Staff Meeting payroll category was set up. As mentioned, it was set up before I arrived, however I never had an issue with it until now.

I really hope you're able to help me as I can't work out why it would stop calculating properly. Thank you very much for your time and assistance in this matter which I truly appreciate.

Wishing you a wonderful afternoon and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

With warm thanks and deep appreciation,

Margie

Screenshot of dummy payslip.JPG
Staff Meeting payroll category set up.JPG

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post