On hold

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
eustace2800
Contributing User
12 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

On hold

I have been on hold for 2hrs 57 min and counting- just need to talk to someone regarding EOY payroll errors

15 REPLIES 15
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: On hold

Hi @eustace2800 

I'm sorry to hear you've had that experience. If you can provide details of your issue I'll be happy to help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

eustace2800
Contributing User
12 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

It took 4 hours on the ph yesterday to get no result.  I have been given a case number and someone was to get back to me this morning but havent been contacted by anyone so far

eustace2800
Contributing User
12 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Can anyone help:

EOY reports - Payroll Activity Summery and Payroll Register summery reports give different totals for just one employee - every other employee is correct. 

URGENT HELP IS REQUIRED, SPENT 4 HOURS ON PH TO CALL CENTRE YESTERDAY AND THEY WERE ABSOLUTLEY USELESS!!

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @eustace2800 

If the Payroll activity and Payroll register reports do not have the same amounts it means a change has been made to the employee card>>Pay History. You will need to:

1. take a back up of the current online file
  2. restore a back up taken prior to 30 June
  3. fix the YTD amounts in the employee card>>Pay History
  4. process a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June for that employee
  5. wait until that report is accepted and recheck the Summary of payments report
  6. if Summary of payments is correct, finalise the employee
  7. take a back up and rename it so that it can be easily identified as EOFY
  8. restore the back up of the current online file

If the Payroll activity and Payroll register are the same but the Summary of payments is different, have you moved to STP Phase 2: What's different in STP Phase 2 reporting

This post, AccountRight reports don't match STP reports, has detailed information to help with this issue.

Try processing a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June for that employee, wait until that report is accepted then recheck the Summary of payments report.

Let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

eustace2800
Contributing User
12 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Tracey,

I have identified what the issue is - "gremlins" have made strange adjustments within my payroll going back to Dec- (this was all good last week). Is it possible that you can contact me via private email?  

eustace2800
Contributing User
12 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

EOY HELP PLEASE- what do we pay for support and its not available

I have spent over 7 hrs in the past 2 working days on hold to the call centre and they are absolutly uselss - even worst than Telstra!!!!!! and thats saying something.

I have identified an error with my EOY payroll reports/STP - it is only with one employee and the Payroll Register Summery is showing a Minus$$$ although the Payroll Activity Detail Report shows the correct pay processed and paid.  Can anyone hepl with this.  

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: EOY HELP PLEASE- what do we pay for support and its not available

Hi @eustace2800 

As advised previously, if the Payroll activity and Payroll register reports do not show the same amounts a change has been made to the employee card>>Pay History.

To fix this you will need to:

1. take a back up of the current online file
  2. restore a back up taken prior to 30 June
  3. fix the YTD amounts in the employee card>>Pay History
  4. process a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June for that employee
  5. wait until that report is accepted and recheck the Summary of payments report
  6. if Summary of payments is correct, finalise the employee
  7. take a back up and rename it so that it can be easily identified as EOFY
  8. restore the back up of the current online file

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

eustace2800
Contributing User
12 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

it just gets worse, our backups havent been working since May we have just been informed, so i cannot restore- the issue is with just one employee and it is all to do with one payrun. they took holidays in december and the leave was recorded incorrectly. ie 35hrs recorded as a -35 in his leave entitlements and this is period that payroll register summery shows  -$2450 in the wages (repersents 2 weeks HD pay)- But the payroll activity summery shows the correct $1225.  i have reveresed the pay run 12 times and reentered same and it just does nothing. i have also done $0 payruns for the period.  It just seems to be getting worse - have used MYOB for over 25yr and never encountered anything like this.  PLEASE PLEASE HELP - 

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @eustace2800 

The Payroll activity report gets it's data from processed pays.

The Payroll register, Payroll Summary and YTD verification reports get their data from the employee card>>Pay History.

This means that if the Payroll activity and register reports don't match a change has been made to the employee card>>Pay History.

Reversing and reprocessing pay runs will not fix this issue because the Pay history is incorrect. For example:

1. YTD amount in Pay history is $10,000
  2. new pay run is created for $1,000 so Pay History becomes $11,000
  3. Pay history is changed to $5,000
  4. new pay run is created for $1,000, this is added to the Pay history so becomes $6,000
  5. activity report is based on pays created so YTD amount is $12,000
  6. register report and STP EOFY is Pay history so is $6,000

To fix this issue you need to fix the Pay history by restoring a back up. If you don't have a back up we do have a back up retrieval service.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post