PAYG rate is different to ATO tax table.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
jacco1957
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

PAYG rate is different to ATO tax table.

I just changed the hourly rate of an employee and now when I go to pay her I notice that the PAYG withheld is greater than that of the tax table. No other employees are affected. I can manually change it but I would like to know how to fix this so that it calculates correctly going forward.

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: PAYG rate is different to ATO tax table.

Hi @jacco1957 

So we can investigate further would you mind providing us with the following information:

• The tax table revision date that is showing when you are processing your pays - would be listed on Step 2 of the Process Payroll stage.
  • What is the employee's tax table - Card File>>Cards list>>Select the employee's card>>Select the Payroll Details tab>>Taxes.
    • In addition to that, is that any extra tax component listed in that tax section?
  • What is the employee's pay frequency - Card File>>Cards list>>Select the employee's card>>Select the Payroll Details tab>>Wages
  • How much did the employee receive as a Gross Wage
  • How much was the PAYG calculated as? How much should it be?
  • Was the pay processed in the current payroll year i.e the payment date falls between July 2022 and June 2023?
  • Was that pay split between multiplee wage categories or just a single one?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

jacco1957
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: PAYG rate is different to ATO tax table.

Thanks for your reply. All is good with my world this morning. I wrote the wrong gross figure (mixed the numbers up)in the time book which is why the PAYG figure was different. Saw it first thing this morning. Funny how sometimes you don't see it no matter how long or hard you look!!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post