Payment date and bank reconciliation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Agspec4
Experienced User
26 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

26Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Payment date and bank reconciliation

Hi

i processed Feb payroll in myob accountright 2022.2 with pay period 01/02/22 to 28/02/22 and payment date : 28/02/22

when i was doing the Feb bank reconciliation i noticed the payroll doesnt reflect on my bank reconcile which usually does.

i check the transactiaon journal for the payroll it was registered as 02/03/22 that's why didnt show on my feb bank reconcile?  How could this happened ? is it due to ATO submission done by my boss ? I have no clue on steps he does for payroll submission to ATO. i only need to perform task run the payroll process for his submission.

How to rectify this so my bank will be balanced?

Thank you in advance for the input.

1 REPLY 1
LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

214Kudos

124Solutions

Re: Payment date and bank reconciliation

Hi

There are a number of things you could do depending on how the payroll has been paid

If it has been paid electronically you could delete ( you may need to reverse) the wrongly dated transaction and redo as at 28/2/2022. That could be how the date error occurred in the first place.

If that is not an option you could apply the 28/2/ payment from the bank feed to a payroll clearing account (spend money)and then you would need to do another transaction (receive money ) for the same amount to the payroll clearing account for the 2/3 . You would then need to manually reconcile the payroll transaction dated the 2/3 and the recieve money transaction

The clearing account should be $0 after both of these transactions

Hope these suggestions help

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post