Payroll ABA files

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Di64
Trusted Cover User
52 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

52Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Payroll ABA files

I thought i was losing my mind last payroll, as the process i had been following for 20 years stopped working.

I process payroll, prepare the electronic banking, save the ABA file in the directory, over riding the file i have there and have always over riden.

Go to the bank, upload the ABA file, but it is not the current one.

My bad, must be lack of coffee, delete the bank transaction, prepare electronic banking again, save ABA file again, return to bank, same problem.

I did this one more time, then ended up just saving ABA file on desktop.

Exact same thing happened this pay run. 

The ABA file is not over riding current file for payroll, 

however

ABA file is over eriding current file for creditors.

Anyone else having issues?

1 REPLY 1
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: Payroll ABA files

Hi @Di64 

There hasn't been any changes occur to how AccountRight generates ABA files. And once AccountRight generates the ABA file, saving file to computer and overwriting existing files is rather Windows functions. 

Overwriting only occurs if the new file has the same name with an existing file at the target location, so I'd suggest double checking the names of the existing files in the directory, as well as the file name used to create the new ABA file. You can always change the older ABA files to a different set of names, then save the new ABA file without overwriting any files, saving the new ABA file to a different directory also stops the overwriting. 

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post