10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll Categories Entitlements Holiday Leave Exemptions unticked

I ran a report today on annual leave entitlement balance detail and discovered that employees had been accruing annual leave on overtime and leave loading!

I checked the Payroll Category Entitlements Holiday Leave Accural Exempt and nothing was ticked!

I have made the adjustments to the employees leave to correct the balances and I have also now correctly ticked all the wage categories that do not accrue leave.

Only myself and the accountant has access to the online file and neither of us have unticked any of the wage categories.

My question is how could this have happened - an myob update??

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,015 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,015Posts

912Kudos

636Solutions

Re: Payroll Categories Entitlements Holiday Leave Exemptions unticked

Hi @blm 

Unlikely to be a MYOB update - otherwise the forum would be full of users highlighting this. Most likely a user issue - either was not set up correctly originally or someone changed it later on. Go back to your oldest backup and start from there to see when this happened. Or look at payslips. This might help identify cause as well as with working out any adjustments required.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
blm
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @gavin12345 

Thank you for your reply, I have gone back and looked at payslips for the past 3 years for all employees.

All the employees were accruing correct annual leave with correct expmetions in place until the start of the current financial year. I have only had to make adjustments from July 2023 to February 2024.

I am still bamboozled as to how all the exempt categories were unticked. It is 5 steps to untick the boxes from Clicking on Payroll categories, entitlements, annual leave, exempt and then untick the boxes.

As I said only myself and the accountant and one of the partners has access to the myob file. The partner in the business wouldn't even know where to look and the accountant is adamant he hasn't changed anything. Obviously neither have I. I just find it coincidental that this all happened from the first pay of the new financial year once the payroll was rolled over. I suppose a mystery 🤷‍♀️

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,015 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,015Posts

912Kudos

636Solutions

Hi @blm 

Thanks for the detailed reply. As others read this post and check their own files it might turn out to be a MYOB caused issue. Not everyone checks their files very closely , so great that you picked this up. 

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
blm
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks, @gavin12345 

I agree, I just randomly decided to do a detailed entitlement report as I had an employee going on leave. I only have a small payroll, so it wasn't to onerous to work out the balance adjustments. It would be a nightmare and a big business expense for anyone with a large payroll, that is of course if this issue has affected others.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post