Payroll Categories

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AB-CS
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll Categories

We have a number of Casual employees who work Weekdays, Saturdays, Sundays, Public Holidays and have Break Allowances if they do not take meal breaks during their shifts.  Also, they work in different roles.  As a result, we have 45 Payroll Categories to cover them.

All those pay rates have been changed in the recent National Minimum Wage decision.

Is there a way to Export those Payroll Categories to Excel, update the new rates, then import them back into MYOB?

2 REPLIES 2
FJL
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Updating wage rates in payroll categories

Our casual employee wage rates are set in payroll categories. The award has changed and I need to update about 45 payroll categories. I understand that there is no way to do this in bulk, but there should be! Please develop a way to export payroll categories so that I can update the rates in excel and then re-import. This would save a lot of time. If I am incorrect, then I would be very glad to hear how to do it. Thanks.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Payroll Categories

Hi @AB-CS 

Payroll Categories can be updated through Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Selecting the appropriate tab before selecting the required category to update.

As payroll categories are linked to the file you would not be able to export out the categories for bulk updating through Excel or NotePad or another means.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post