Payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Fifitz
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll

Hi, I have a couple of employees that have started doing different roles with different pay rates. All roles are casual. Do they need to receive 2 pay slips? 

Or can it all be on one pay slip, I have set up a wage item with the second job, but just wondering if that is correct or do they need the 2 pay slips.

If they have 2 pay slips then the tax would also be different, or do I have to treat it as a "second job" as in no tax free threshold.

Any thoughts?

Fiona

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Payroll

Hi @Fifitz 

Thanks for your post. Typically this would be handled by creating a payroll category for the second role with a Fixed hourly rate. You can then allocate the hours worked for each role to the applicable wage category.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Fifitz
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks, that is what I am currently doing. But was questioning if this is correct?

I have read somewhere that they should have 2 employee profiles and receive 2 pay slips and just wanted clarification on this.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Fifitz 

If you're not sure about the legal obligations you will need to check with Fairwork or the ATO. I've only been able to find on the ATO website that you can have multiple employee records, not that must have them.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post