Portable Long Service Leave Back Payment

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
adminfinanze
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Portable Long Service Leave Back Payment

How would I enter Portable Long Service Leave for an employee who has left but the PLSL was not calculated for a short period for her after she returned from Maternity Leave? should I open up her card and enter a nil balance pay with just the PLSL amount of entitlement?

1 REPLY 1
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Portable Long Service Leave Back Payment

Hi @adminfinanze 

Thank you for your post. You are correct, if your employees leave is not correct the best way to fix it is through a adjustment pay, which is done by recording a zero dollar (void) pay to adjust the employee's leave balance: 

1. Go to the Payroll command centre and click Process Payroll. The Process Payroll window appears.
  2. Select the option Process individual employees and choose employee from the drop down.
  3. In the Payment Date field, enter the date you want to record the adjustment.
  4. Enter a pay date range in the Pay period start and Pay period end fields. 
  5. Click Next. The Select and Edit Employees Pay window appears.
  6. Select the employee that the adjustment is for.
  7. Click the arrow in the Edit column next to the employee's name. The Pay Employee window appears.
  8. Type a reference in the Cheque number field to show it is an adjustment, for example ADJ.
  9. Enter a description of the adjustment in the Memo field, for example 'Fixing Portable Long Service Leave'.
  10. Delete all hours and amounts shown in the window. You need to do this so you don't re-record any pay amounts for the period, other than the leave adjustment.
  11. In the relevant leave accrual field, enter the adjustment leave hours in the Hours column. For example, if you need to subtract 5 hours from the employee's accrual, type -5 next to the relevent leave category:
    Pay employee window with zero value and -5 entered against leave accrual category
  12. Click OK then click OK again to the message about voiding the paycheque.
  13. Finish the pay run as normal, including submitting to the ATO for Single Touch Payroll reporting.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post