Problem splitting wages across two employee bank accounts

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Chris10
Experienced User
15 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

15Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Problem splitting wages across two employee bank accounts

Hi - I had set up a second bank account for an employees wages and right up till PreparingElectronic Payment - it showed wages would be paid into the two accounts. However, when the ABA file has gone to bank -it has paid the full amount into the first ( original) bank account and nothing into the second account -and no idea why. I have the print out of the Electronic grouped payment and assumed it had gone in as per the two accounts noted on it - but after an enquiry from employee and check in the bank-I can see it has reverted to just the one account. Any ideas what I may have done wrong? It still appears to be set up correctly in the Card file.

Thanks

Chris 

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Re: Problem splitting wages across two employee bank accounts

Hi @Chris10,

Thank you for your post.

I have seen cases like this where the ABA file has been opened before uploading it to the bank, which caused errors in the payment like yours. Is it possible this could have occurred? 

If not, could you confirm which settings you have entered for this employee's payment details? See example below:

Picture1.png

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Chris10
Experienced User
15 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

15Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sam, thanks for the reply- and yes, I def could have opened the ABA file prior - just to double check it all. I have attached a copy ( sorry not great quality) of the MYOB set up & the ABA file prior to processing -which made me think it would have been successful - however the full amount was paid into the first bank account and nothing into the second. As long as my setup is correct I will just see what happens the next time I split it and be careful re opening the ABA file.

thanks Chris  

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Hi @Chris10,

Looking at the screenshots you've provided, everything does seem to be set up correctly - Next time do try uploading the ABA file without opening it, and let me know if this issue perists, via this post. 

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Chris10
Experienced User
15 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

15Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions