Public Holidays message alert after updating MYOB

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AnaLaranjeira
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Public Holidays message alert after updating MYOB

Good morning,

Since I updated my MYOB everytime I tried to pay a Public Holiday I got an alert message.

I shouldn't got any message like this one, I create a normal payroll category for Public Holidays and quite not sure why before was all ok and now it shows this alert txt.

Could you please ??

I attached the image with the message.

Thank you so much in advance

Regards

Ana 

MYOB error alert_Public Holidays.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
sholt73
Super User
917 Posts
Super User
Australia
Super User

917Posts

175Kudos

46Solutions

Re: Public Holidays message alert after updating MYOB

out of curiositiy, when you updated myob, which version did you upgrade from?

for example did you upgrade from v19 to 2018.4? I've seen a thread on the forum where this has caused a problem with entitlement balances.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @AnaLaranjeira

A feature was introduced to the AccountRight 20xx range so that it now warns a user when an employee entitlement balance will result in a negative. Typically, you would get this if you are using a linked wage category of an entitlement for that employee.

Based on the screenshot you have uploaded, the category is actually not linked to the employee thus you don't have that blue arrow for the category like you do for Sick Pay. What I would recommend doing to prevent this warning coming up accidentally is the following:

1. Go to Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Entitlements
  2. Select the individual entitlements and review the linked wages categories of those entitlements.

What you will find is that one (or more) of the entitlements categories would have that Public Holidays wage category as the linked wages category. To avoid that warning appearing that linked wage category of that entitlement would need to be set to be a different wage category.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

AnaLaranjeira
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thank you so much for your answer. I check all my entitlements and I have a Public Holiday entitlement linked to a Payroll category - called Public holiday. I also double check that all other entitlements weren't linked to the same payroll category (Public holiday) and they weren't so not sure why thid happens Smiley Frustrated

It was this that you were mentioning or I didn't undertsand your solution?

Also I linked all my employees who are entitled to receive a public holiday to that category so now I have a blue showing. 

Not sure what I am doing wrong. This all worked before.

Thanks again

AnaLaranjeira
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Yes I think it was that... will have to searcht that thread to see what should I do Smiley Frustrated

thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @AnaLaranjeira

Normally, with public holidays you would just have the one wage category to account for that i.e. no entitlement category. For example, the process outlined on Help Article: Public Holidays.

If you do have an entitlement category I would be asking myself A) why the employee is not linked to the entitlement yet you are paying out a value B) what the purpose of the entitlement is C) as you are paying it out should the employee should it be a negative value for the entitlement?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

AnaLaranjeira
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Thank you so much once again Steven. 

It makes sense not having an entitlement even created...but can't delete it due to previous transactions on it.

So I just unlinked the wage category for Public holidays on the entitlement and the error is not showing anymore Smiley Happy

Thanks....pretty simple but wasn't getting there LOL

Have a great weekend

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post