STP Error SBR.GEN.AUTH.008

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Kristyh1
Trusted User
79 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

79Posts

11Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP Error SBR.GEN.AUTH.008

i Set up my client STP back in July 2021 and they have just noticed that all of there STP reporting has rejected to the ATO.

When i logged in with my credentials I was able to report a NIL payrun which was accepted (Tax agent set up )

I walked my client back through the STP set up and confirmed the correct email address was being used (Saved as someone from the business) but her reporting got rejected again.

Is there a reason why mine would go through and not the clients? 

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Re: STP Error SBR.GEN.AUTH.008

Hi @Kristyh1,

Thank you for your post.

Below is information from the ATO in regards to this error:

CMN.ATO.AUTH.008 -This rejection error means that you are not authorized to submit this lodgement on behalf of the client. If you're a tax agent, link this client to your registered agent number using the client update service or the portal and try to lodge again. In some instances, it may take overnight to process your request. If the link already exists, the client may be restricted in Access Manager. Contact your AUSkey Administrator to allow 'view all restricted clients' or to have the restriction for this client overridden.

If you're a business sending on behalf of another business, get an Authorisation administrator to make sure there's a business appointment in Access Manager and provide your credentials if required.

If the client is on your client list and is not a restricted client, you may need to remove them from the list, then re-add them before you try to lodge again. You also need to make sure your agent number is linked to the correct agent ABN in Access Manager.

Let me know if you have further queires on this. 

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Kristyh1
Trusted User
79 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

79Posts

11Kudos

2Solutions

Hi Sam

Thanks for your reply the error the client is getting is SBR.GEN.AUTH.008 whic is incorrect software error.

I have checked my software ID in the file and the clients and they are different ID numbers should they not be the same? 

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Kristyh1 

The Software ID for a registered agent and a business are different.

A registered agent's Software ID is connected to the agent's RAN and ABN. If you lodge STP for your clients you use your own Software ID.

If a client is lodging their own STP reports, they would use their Software ID which is connected to the business ABN.

ATO: Notify Software ID

Please let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post