STP Error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Marc3
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

STP Error

Hi All, 

I am an accountant and a client is trying to process a payroll period for 2023 and they keep receiving this error message CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000302. I have tried accessing it on google but it does not come up with what the error specifically is. It says in description Allowance items must be kept blank. The pays have several forms of allowances. Does anyone know what this means? 

Regards, 

Marc3

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Re: STP Error

Hello @Marc3 

Welcome to the Community Forum.

The CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000302 error does mean that allowance items cannot be provided under Voluntary Agreement, Labour Hire or Other Specified Payments Income Types. One (or more) employee with a tax certificate category of Voluntary Agreement, Labour Hire or Other Specified Pay has an allowance entry on their timesheet. Allowances are not permitted to be paid under ATO guidelines for employees with this tax certificate category. 

You will need to reverse the allowance entry and re-enter an adjustment entry with correct details and process the payment.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Marc3
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @ChrisMYOB

Thanks for the response.

So to be clear they are not suppose to have any allowances under their names? Or is it specific kind?

The allowances in question are - Meal, Travel and Site allowance. How would we proceed to allow them these amounts? Would we change the employees tax certificate category or do we pay the amounts for the allowances as income?

Regards, 

Marc. 

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Allowances are not permitted to be paid under ATO guidelines for employees with this tax certificate category, so you aren't allowed to have any allowances set. 

As to how to proceed with these amounts, you will need to speak with your accountant.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post