STP Phase 2 Getting Started

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Mags
Trusted Cover User
104 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

104Posts

120Kudos

5Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP Phase 2 Getting Started

Hi MYOB Team, I was hoping to commence preparation for STP Phase 2 and when I click on "Get Started" under Payroll Reporting, I get the following message "Your file will need to be online to move to Single Touch Payroll Phase 2". Our MYOB AccountRight Premier V2022.6 is currently operating over a Network as the Internet is not reliable in our area even with 2 different type of internet services connected. We cannot affort the distruptions and downtime to services if we move to MYOB Online. Is there a work around solution where we can move to Phase 2 without going online?? Please assist. Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,039 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,039Posts

919Kudos

640Solutions

Re: STP Phase 2 Getting Started

Hi @Mags 

I hope you receive a meaningful response from MYOB Team. So far others users who have asked this question are simply told the MYOB Company file must be online to use MYOB's STP Phase 2. The explanations provided lack detail and or credibility.

The only solution if you don't want to go online is to use an alternative STP product such as STP Creator - this will work with offline (or networked) AR2022.5 files. There are other STP products where you can enter your payroll data online and submit Phase 2 reports. STP Creator has an advantage in that it will use the payroll data in your AR2022.5 file and so there is no need to re-enter any data.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hello @Mags 

You'll complete the move to STP Phase 2 online (via a web browser) so you can integrate with the ATO's online services. This is only possible if your company file is online.

If your company file is offline (saved on your computer or a network server), you'll need to put your company file online to move to STP Phase 2. Having your file online is included with your subscription, so there's no extra cost.

I have included a Help Article on getting ready for STP 2 which has all the details and will be updated if anything changes.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Mags
Trusted Cover User
104 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

104Posts

120Kudos

5Solutions

Thank you for the responses, will look further into both options.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post