STP Phase 2 issue with ATO Reporting categories

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Ezial
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP Phase 2 issue with ATO Reporting categories

Hi i have been using STP phase 2 for months now. my problem is when i add a new employee there is only the one ATO Reporting category.there is not the 2nd drop down box to select what type of Gross Payment etc ie overtime etc.  so now when I submit it comes up with important information missing, go back and correct? Is anyone else having these issues, if so how do i fix it?

thanks 

Wendy

4 REPLIES 4
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: STP Phase 2 issue with ATO Reporting categories

Hi @Ezial 

Thanks for your post. Payments are reported to the ATO using one ATO reporting category. Prior to moving to STP Phase 2 you would have had two ATO reporting category fields in the payroll category information window.

The first reporting category field was for Phase 1 and this is how payments were reported to the ATO. The second field was setting up in preparation for moving to Phase 2, payments were not reported using this reporting category.

Once you move to Phase 2 the Phase 1 field is removed from payroll categories as payments are reported using the Phase 2 ATO reporting category. For example, in Phase 1 overtime was reported as Gross payments, in Phase 2 it is reported as Overtime.

If you can provide information on the errors you are getting I'll be happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ezial
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey

Yes i am aware that that is how it is supposed to work, but since i have moved to Phase 2 (which has been for months) i have been getting this error message (attached) on new employees.  not sure if i am missing something ?

STP Error 1.PNG
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Ezial 

That error means that you need to select the Income type for those employees:

image.png

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ezial
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User