STP ph 2 - can't upload company file online

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Roscov
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

STP ph 2 - can't upload company file online

I am having problems trying to upload a company file online so I can get STP ph 2 working. 

I have two seperate company files for two businesses.  Both files indicate they are signed in to Account Right Live (via Services tab).  One file is online now and ok but the other file says a subscription is required.  I already have a subscription, and pay the monthly invoice, so what is the problem? I have backed up, closed the whole file, re-opened etc several times but get the same error message.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: STP ph 2 - can't upload company file online

Hi @Roscov 

I've located an AccountRight serial number based on your forum details, its last 4 digits are 6048. Currently under this serial number there are 2 files placed online already, file IDs are 2 and 5. If you try to upload a file now it will be considered as placing a 3rd file online, thus additional subscription is required.

If the file you wish to upload has the up-to-date data, please open the file then go to Help > About to check its Company File ID number. If it's 2 or 5, then it's just another copy of the existing online files, in this case please create a backup of the file, then restore from the backup, choose to restore it online so it overwrites the corresponding online copy. 

If you run into any issue please feel free to let us know.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Roscov
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

The file I need to upload is #2

I can access the "My Account" section via the file I have uploaded successfully.  It looks like there are 2 accounts for one company (Company A) with different client ID numbers, and one account for the other company (Company B).  I have full access to company B.  How do I access Company A if it's apparently already uploaded?  I am confused!

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Hi @Roscov 

Please launch your AccountRight desktop app, then choose Open a company file > Online, log in with your forum email address and password, both company files associated with the serial number mentioned earlier shall be listed there. 

And as mentioned, since the file you wish to upload is ID2, it's just a newer copy of the existing online file, you can make a backup, then restore it online to overwrite the existing online copy. 

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post