STP2

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
5sia7
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

STP2

I understand STP2 is for on-boading and off-boarding employees.  Our business does not require this.  I also understand that you need to be using cloud services to upgrade to this service.  We have chosen not to do so for security, and as we are regional, bandwidth limitations as MYOB is the slowest product we use even on a desktop.  Is it possible to upgrade without these constraints?

Thanks, Andrew

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: STP2

Hi @5sia7 

Thanks for your post. STP Phase 2 is the expansion of STP Phase 1, which is the ATO's mandatory reporting method for all payroll information including pay period and YTD amounts. In addition to the on-boarding and termination information sent in Phase 2, there are also new ATO reporting categories and other required information, such as Income type. This means that if you have employees, payruns, terminations and EOFY finalisations need to reported to the ATO through STP Phase 2. In order to do this through AccountRight your company file needs to be online.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

5sia7
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for your reply.  The issue is bandwidth which will not support a constantly on-line company file.  Whilst the NBN may cover 98% of population it does not cover 98% of area.  Is it possible to update to STP2 with an on-line file and then take the file back off-line leaving no trace on MYOB servers.  We only post payroll ATO reporting during short periods of on-line activity using a mobile hotspot - we cannot do all of our transaction posting this way, especially since MYOB added the additional layer of HTTP to the application which resulted in slower response times and a proliferation of windows being opened.  Although not our main objection, we endorse the concern expressed by another community member referring to security.  It is our policy not to use the cloud for company critical applications, and to use it minimally for non-critical communications only.  Does MYOB have a solution for this issue?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @5sia7 

Company files need to be online to report payruns, terminations and EOFY finalisations through STP Phase 2. If you wanted to work on the file offline you would need to restore a back up of the local (offline) file online, send the STP reports and then restore a back up of the online file locally.

This is not something we would recommend as it creates the potential for overwriting the current file and losing data. If you want to remove a Company file from the cloud, we will need to do this for you.

We do understand that data security is a concern and it is something that we take very seriously. For detailed information I'd recommend reading these links:

Security Commitment

Ways you can protect your AccountRight company file

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

5sia7
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey H,

Thank you again for your reply.

I wonder if we are confusing teminology between us.  I am already using STP1 with a local PC file, not using the cloud, and logging on line to process fortnightly payrolls which includes sending the details to ATO and on a monthly basis authorising MYOB to transfer superannuation.  After these steps are completed, that only take a few minutes of Mobile Hotspot useage, I go "off line" whilst pocessing all other transactions.  Is STP2 different to STP1 and requires my MYOB file to be located in the MYOB cloud, and cannot use a local PC file with temporary on-line access when payroll transactions are being processed?  It is cloud storage that we have an issue with and the overheads it produces and requires.

Thanks in advance.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @5sia7 

An offline file is stored locally on your pc, an online file is stored in the cloud. In STP Phase 1 your company file didn't need to be online, you just needed an internet connection to send STP reports. In Phase 2 the ATO changed the security requirements which impacted how STP connects to the ATO. This means that to report STP in Phase 2 your company file must be online (stored in the cloud).

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post