Salary Sacrifice Negative Adjustment won't process in Pay Super

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JudeS1
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Salary Sacrifice Negative Adjustment won't process in Pay Super

I have had to do an adjustment in the EOY Pay for Salary Sacrifice for an Employee to ensure that they were under the Annual Limits.

I made sure that there was enough "unpaid" Super (Both SS and normal 9.5% combined) to cover the Negative adjustment.

When I try to set up "Pay Superannuation" it keeps coming up with the Red Cross against that employee saying that "You can't pay negative Super for an employee".

This only seems to apply for the Salary Sacrifice component.

I assume that I just don't select the Salary Sacrifice component until there have been enough contributions to cover the Negative adjustment?  Unfortunately this now covers financial years.

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Salary Sacrifice Negative Adjustment won't process in Pay Super

Hi @JudeS1 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay in relying to you. You can only process a pay super transaction if the total of selected payments is a positive value for each employee and payroll category. If the total was a negative amount you would need to wait until you have enough super payments to make the total positive.

This help article has detailed information on Pay Super: Make superannuation payments

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post