Super Guarantee amount not showing on STP finalisation verification report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
jo33
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Super Guarantee amount not showing on STP finalisation verification report

Hi, I am trying to finalise the 2022 STP but noted that the super guarantee amounts are not showing on the verification reports for all the employees. Would that be a problem? Is it mandatory to report those to the ATO? How do I fix this? The customer support is not helpful - was on the line for almost 3 hours just to get to someone but eventually gave up as it was just ridiculous.

14 REPLIES 14
jo33
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: EOFY STP - Superannuation has nil YTD on ATO verification report for one employee

I am having the same issue as well. The super guarantee section is $0. Not sure why we are suggested to do another post to correct it when we had use the correct accounts in the first place!

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Super Guarantee amount not showing on STP finalisation verification report

Hi @jo33 

It is mandatory for super guarantee amounts to be reported through STPso you will need to make sure employee Summary of payments reports are correct. The first step is to check the Payroll activity and Payroll register reports match. If they do, check the correct ATO reporting category has been assigned to the payroll category. Process a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June to update the STP reports.

The post , AccountRight reports don't match STP reports, has detailed information.

If you continue to have trouble with this please provide screenshots of the Payroll activity, Payroll register report and YTD verification report. Make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots prior to posting on the Forum.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

jo33
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

The payroll activity and payroll register reports match. When I go to the Payroll Categories, there is no selection for me to to choose how the super guarantee should be assigned under the ATO reporting categories. I only have the option 'to be assigned' or 'not reportable' - please see attached screenshot.

super guarantee.PNG
jo33
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

I have replied and attached a screenshot earlier. Can you please let me know what to do? Thanks

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,037 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,037Posts

919Kudos

640Solutions

Hi @jo33 

You need to assign this payroll category to Superannuation Guarantee before it will show up on reports. I'm surprised MYOB is allows you to use a payroll category that has not been assigned - then again lately nothing surprises me with MYOB....

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
jo33
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Yes and they always have updates and stuff on the program and yet they had not picked this up. I am not sure if it's just my program or what.

jo33
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracy, I haven't got a response on how to fix this. i have another error now when i go to check payroll details.

error sg.PNG
jo33
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

@Tracey_Hplease see my responses in this tread.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @jo33 

What's the Contribution Type for that payroll category? Super guarantee should be Contribution Type: Superannuation Guarantee (expense), the ATO reporting category will then be automatically selected as Superannuation Guarantee and cannot be changed:

super.PNG

You're getting that error because an ATO reporting category hasn't been assigned to the payroll category. If you have selected the wrong Contribution Type you will need to create a new superannuation guarantee payroll category. Then process adjustment pays to transfer the super amounts from the incorrect payroll category to the correct one.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post