Superannuation paid to incorrect fund.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
klo
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superannuation paid to incorrect fund.

Have just discovered that monthly superannuation payments for one employee have gone to the wrong fund for the last 12 months.  All monies have been returned and we are self reporting to the ATO. 

How do I fix this in MYOB so that when we 'pay superannuation' , the full amount of 12 months contributions are sent to the fund.  The fund says it must go through the clearing house and I cannot just send them the funds.

Thanks for any help

Klo

2 REPLIES 2
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Superannuation paid to incorrect fund.

Hi @klo 

I’d recommend having a look at our help article, Reversing and reprocessing superannuation payments. This article walks through all of the steps required to handle contributions being returned and what needs to happen so they can be resent to the fund.

To ensure the funds go through to the correct fund, the employee would need to have the correct fund before their contributions were repaid through Pay Superannuation. Do note that as the repayments are going through the Pay Super system they will contribute to your monthly or quarterly limit and may cause you to exceed your limit.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

klo
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Superannuation paid to incorrect fund.

Thanks Neil, all sorted now.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post