additional payment - incorrectly reported

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
TomD
Trusted Cover User
134 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

134Posts

19Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

additional payment - incorrectly reported

Hi,

Just wondering what the correct procedure would be to amend a payroll that has already gone through - so if payslips were issued, payments were made and ATO reporting was done but afterwards we find out that one staff member worked an extra day which was not reported to the payroll office.

6 REPLIES 6
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

742Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: additional payment - incorrectly reported

Hi @TomD 

Thank you for your post. 

There can be two ways in which you can record this :

1) Process another payrun for same date range with the extra day worked and declare that to the ATO.

OR

2) Delete the original payrun, re-enter the correct pay run with actual number of hours worked and declare to the ATO. (Please note that once you declare the new payrun, the year to date (YTD) figures get declared to the ATO and hence they have up to date figures for the employee). 

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have additional questions. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

TomD
Trusted Cover User
134 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

134Posts

19Kudos

3Solutions

Hi Komal,

thanks - just to clarify :

Re solution 1 - this would be another payrun just for the extra day for that particular employee? To be clear there would be two payruns then in the sytems with A) everyone including the relevant staff member as per original lodgement and B) one separate payrun for the same period but just for this employee and only for that extra day?

Re solution 2 - what would be the advantage of doing that?  That would mean having to enter not just the missing info or even the data for one staff member but reentering data for everyone.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

742Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @TomD 

As you mentioned, the solution one would involve having two payruns in the system which would be correct.

For solution two, by asking to delete and re-enter the payrun, I meant that doing for just one employee, not for all of them. 

However, you can use the method that you are more comfortable with. Both of them would have the same end result.  

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

TomD
Trusted Cover User
134 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

134Posts

19Kudos

3Solutions

Komal.

I certainly think solution 1 is easier but out of curiosity how would I delete and reenter a payrun for just one employee that was part of a bigger file once everything has been lodged and paid?

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

742Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @TomD 

In order to delete the payrun that is a part of larger payrun, you would have to delete the electronic payment transaction first (By going to Transaction Journal --> Disbursements).

Note: This process only deletes the electronic payment transaction and not the individual payruns. 

After deleting the electronic payment transaction, all the payruns would go back to "Prepare Electronic payments" screen and you can select the one you want to delete. Once the payrun is deleted and re-entered, you can create bank file for all the employees again. 

More information on this process can be found on Making electronic payments help article. 

Let me know if you have more questions on this. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

TomD
Trusted Cover User
134 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User