income type needed

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
jojo1410
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

income type needed

When you are setting up STP, what does the error saying "income type needed " mean

10 REPLIES 10
jojo1410
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

When you are setting up STP, what does the error saying "income type needed " mean

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Re: income type needed

Hi @jojo1410,

Thank you for your post.

For each listed employee, you will need to choose the applicable Income type ( Either -Salary and wages, Closely held payees, Working holiday maker, Seasonal worker program or Labour hire). If unsure, check with your accounting advisor or the ATO to see which one needs to be selected.

You can find the Income type in your employee's card > Payroll Details > Taxes > Income type

If you have any further queries, please reach out.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Isoflex
3 Posts
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Why don't you provide that information within the payroll software rather than having users do this here in the forums? MYOB needs a very serious overhaul. Too much sugar coating on MYOB to even care!

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Hi @Isoflex,

Thank you for your post. 

If you'd like to put forward your suggestion to our developers, please do so via our Idea Exchange Board

In addition, if you wanted to find more information to better understand the software, we've created a dedicated learning space where users can enroll in online learning courses that cover many aspects of the software - MYOB Academy. We have also created Help Articles that have assisted the majority of our user queries. you can search for those hereThe query on this thread was answered using one of those Help articles, found here.

If you were needing any assistance with your software, please do reach out. 

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

WendyK1531
1 Post
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Further to this - what should have been added is you will find this under the Taxes Tab, took me ages to find where this actually was to correct it.

CarlyP
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

What if you have this selected and yet it still has the error message come up?

CarlyP
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Wendy, this helped immensley.

jennybiviano
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I am getting this error for single touch payroll although I have already selected him as a salary employee.  Is there somewhere else I am supposed to report income type because it will not let me past this point

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Hi @jennybiviano,

If you are receiving an 'Income type needed' error, you can find the Income type in your employee's card > Payroll Details > Taxes > Income type

If the appropriate type is selected there and you still have issues, can you please take a screenshot of the Taxes tab and attach it to your reply? Please remove sensitive employee details like their Tax File Number from screenshots posted publically.

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post