Best way to import purchase invoices

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MaryChin
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Best way to import purchase invoices

Dear Sir

I have two entities using MYOB Account Right software, say Entity A and B. A sells to B.  After entering all the sale invoices in A, apart from manually entering the purchase invoices in B, is there a quicker way to do it?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Best way to import purchase invoices

Hi @MaryChin 

Thank you for your post. You could do this by exporting data from one file, then importing it into the other file.

For instructions on how to do this, refer to the steps in this help article: Importing and exporting data.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

MaryChin
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Samara

What if the sales invoices to be exported are in item sales format but the purchase invoices to be imported are in service format, can we do it?  In the purchase side, I just need to enter total purchase including GST and total purchase excluding GST.  I do not need to enter by item.

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @MaryChin 

If you do not need to track the purchase of the items, you could set up the item to be just; I Sell This Item / I Inventory This Item, so you wouldn't need to have purchases entered for those items.

Once it has been set up, you would use a different template for importing, as there is different information between the service and item layouts. 

We recommend exporting the template, (so in this instance, you would export service sales), then use the export as a template to import

Hope that helps. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post