CREDIT NOTE ON SALE

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Jackio
Trusted Cover User
136 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

136Posts

5Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

CREDIT NOTE ON SALE

Hi,

We have a $8 credit for a client which is an old invoice from July 2020.  We have been chasing our client to refund the money and finally got in touch & he told us to buy a beer.

I have the money sitting in the returns and credits and no further works in the future have been booked in.  What is the best way to deal with this.

Thanking in advance for your help.

Regards

Jacki

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: CREDIT NOTE ON SALE

Hi @Jackio 

I'm sure you want to get this sorted by the end of the week so you can have that beer on Friday afternoon. The following process is what I would recommend doing to clear that credit, you might want to speak to an accountant in relation to the accounts involved:

1. Create a holding bank account - Accounts>>Accounts Lists>>New - Give the account a number, name and set the account type to be Bank.
  2. Once created, navigate to Sales>>Sales Register>>Returns and Credits
  3. Highlight that credit note
  4. Select Pay Refund
  5. Within the generated Settle Returns and Credits window, update the Bank Account to be that clearing account. Ensure the date, amount... and other values are correct before selecting Record.

What the above process will close that credit note, as it's been processed. It will also put a value into that clearing account, which you can create a journal for to transfer that balance across to another account (such as a miscellaneous income account) through Receive Money or a Journal entry.

All that is left would then be to drink that beer.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post