Currencies" filter for Ageing Receivable [Summary] and Ageing Payable [Summary] reports

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AliceW
3 Posts
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Currencies" filter for Ageing Receivable [Summary] and Ageing Payable [Summary] reports

Why is there no longer a "currency" filter under Ageing Summary Report on the latest version of MYOB (v2020.4)?

On the older version of MYOB AccountRight Premier (v19.6), there is a filter call "currencies" under Advanced Filters where you get to select the currency you want (e.g. AUD/ USD etc) before running the Ageing Summary report, which will give you an individual report for whichever currency you selected... On the new MYOB version, this no longer exists and I'm wondering why it has been removed? Could it be because no one really use this filter on the Ageing Receivable [Summary] and Ageing Payable [Summary] reports? 

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Currencies" filter for Ageing Receivable [Summary] and Ageing Payable [Summary] reports

Hi @AliceW 

In terms of the Receivables/Payable reports, AccountRight 2021.1 will allow the user to showcase the Reconciliation [Summary] and Reconciliation [Detial] reports (Receivable and Payable) in the originating currency or by a particular currency. Other Receivables/Payable reports like the Aged and With Tax reports do only have the option to display in local currency and don't have those currency filters. 

Note: AccountRight 2021 multi-currency platform is set up differently and will handle foreign currency transactions differently. This does mean that different reports and functions will be available in AccountRight 2021.1 as oppose to AccountRight Classic (v19) 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

AliceW
3 Posts
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Why is there no longer a "currencies" filter for Ageing Receivable [Summary] and Ageing Payable [Summary] reports on the latest version of MYOB?

Thank you @Steven_M

Out of curiosity, can I know why this has been removed specifically from Aged reports? 

I guess this is more of a technical question Smiley Happy 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Why is there no longer a "currencies" filter for Ageing Receivable [Summary] and Ageing Payable [Summary] reports on the latest version of MYOB?

Hi @AliceW 

The inclusion of multiple currencies in AccountRight 20xx was built from the ground up and thus different features and functions are available. 

In terms of individual reports, while we would like to see additional reports have currency filters and be able to show originating currency, there is only a handful of reports that do show that information. The focus of the receivables/payables reports was to show that information on those reconciliation reports, rather than the ageing reports, as these reports are more focus on what it was at the time, rather than what is now - with currency rates changing it does make sense to report on what it was recorded, rather than show a potentially misleading value if the currency rate has changed.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

AliceW
3 Posts
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M ,

Thank you for answering my questions and providing all the information! 

Regards,

Alice. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post