Current Value & Average Cost N/A

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
FionaMiriam
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Current Value & Average Cost N/A

Hi

I went into an item that we have stocked for years. We just currently do not have any stock on hand or on order.

In the Current Value and the Average Cost there is N/A - see attachment for screen shot.

I have never seen this before. Is this an error with this item's card file? Could this have happened after the 'fix'?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

742Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Current Value & Average Cost N/A

Hi @FionaMiriam 

If your file is online, we can run a script to reset the current value and average cost to zero for items with zero quantity. Please send me your product serial number and company file name by Private Message so I can arrange it.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

FionaMiriam
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal

Do you know what / how this issue has occured? So far I've only seen it on one item card file. I would like to know how this has happened so it can be prevented from happening again.

Can you also verify that the information you have requested is appropriate to give to you.

Thanks

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

742Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @FionaMiriam 

This can happen if a previous purchase flow is incomplete. If there are any orders with received items, they must be converted into bills. To convert fully received order items, open the purchase register, click the orders tab, highlight any purchase orders that have the received tick, and press the change to bill button. If it has at any stage happened in the past, it can result in NA values.

With regards to sending the information, we, MYOB Moderators are MYOB employees, so sending the information through to us is secure. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

FionaMiriam
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal

Checked our orders, all bills had been converted so that wasn't the issue.

I managed to fix it by doing an inventory journal and adding an item of stock and then removing that item. When I did that it came up with the stock value of $0.01, which would make it a rounding error when the original stock got to zero and MYOB has then thrown an error.

I have not found it on any other item code, so I am going to assume it was something to do with your cost of goods error and then the subsequent 'fix' that was done, or how MYOB is calculating rounding errors.

We are finding lots of anomilies with rounding errors in our sales invoicing as well, but I will start another post about that.

Thanks

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

742Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @FionaMiriam 

Thanks for providing additional details. I'm glad it was fixed by doing an adjustment and do agree it could be one-off. That said, I will also pass this on to our development teams, please feel free to post if you get similar issues again with other item codes. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post