Delet a deposit transaction

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
minghua
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Delet a deposit transaction

Hi Team,

Can you tell me how to delete a deposit transaction for a recorded purchase?

Kind regards,

Sharon Zeng

1 REPLY 1
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Delet a deposit transaction

@minghua 

Hi Sharon 

Thank you for your post, I'd be happy to assist you with this. It is not possible to delete a deposit, but I can give you instructions on how to reverse it instead. 

The process is different depending on if the purchase order has be converted to a bill yet. If it has remained a purchase order you can reverse the payment. 

In both instances, you will need to turn on reversing. To do this; Go to Setup > Preferences > Security > Select the option Transactions CAN'T be Changed; They Must be Reversed > Click OK 

If the purchase order has not been converted to a bill you will need to locate the order, then open the payment then reverse it.

If the purchase order has been converted to a bill you can't simply delete the deposit; the bill will first need to be reversed, then depending on if you need to reverse the deposit because the wrong amount has been applied or if it was a refund you will either apply the credit or refund the deposit to the supplier.

For detailed steps on this process see our Help Article: Supplier deposits.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post