Electronic Payment issue

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
srequip2020
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Electronic Payment issue

Hi All,

I created an electronic file but couldn't locate it when I went to upload it so thought I hadn't done it and processed it again.  I think I deleted the previous file and redid a new one.  

Somehow I have managed to create this.  I ignored it for a few weeks but I need to sort it now as it's messing with me.  I have read up on previous issues with duplicate files but wanted to check that mine was the same before I follow the instructions to remedy it.

I have attached a screen shot of the transactions litsted.  

Your advice oh wise ones would be much appreciated. ☺

Electronic file error.PNG
2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Electronic Payment issue

Hi @srequip2020 

Thanks for your post. Looking at that screenshot I'm assuming that you deleted the electronic payment and reversed the individual supplier payments. Then re-recorded the Pay Bills transactions, re-created the ABA file in the Prepare Electronic payments window, uploaded the file to the bank and processed the payment.

If this is the case then you can click on Bank File, click OK and then when the Save As window opens click Cancel. This is because you don't need to save the file to be uploaded to the bank, you're just clearing those transactions out of the electronic clearing account. As there's a debit and credit for each transaction they clear each other back to zero so won't affect any other accounts.

Going forward, you don't need to reverse or delete the Pay Bills transactions, that part of the process was correct and you're just creating more work for yourself. Simply delete the electronic payment transaction which will return those payments to the Prepare Electronic payments window. Then just create a new ABA file by clicking on Bank File.

I used to have a folder on my desktop called ABA files and saved the bank files to that folder. It made them easy to find for uploading and to delete so that I didn't accidently upload the wrong file.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

srequip2020
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User