Email template default for quotes & invoices

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CarolynJS
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Email template default for quotes & invoices

When setting a default template for emailing invoices and then setting a default template for emailing quotes they override each other, they wont fix as a separate default for each.  Is that a MYOB glitch?

2 REPLIES 2
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Email template default for quotes & invoices

Hi @CarolynJS 

If you're setting default templates under Print/Email invoices >> Advanced filters, then the templates for both quotes and invoices will override each other and they will use the same customized form. 

If you do wish to have a different layout for your quotes vs your invoices then you would be looking a customizing a form for your quotes and customizing a second form for the invoices. When you wish to produce a copy of your quotes you would need to change the Selected form for Sale to be your quote based form and then change it if you wish to produce a copy of an invoice. It will have to be a manual selection and cannot be set as default at this stage.

Let us know if you have further questions on this. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

CarolynJS
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Email template default for quotes & invoices

Thanks Komal, 

We have customised a form for each invoices and quotes with slightly different layouts.  I guess our users will just have to pay attention when they're emailing.  Thanks for your reply.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post