Forum Discussion

WaihiCH
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago

Error message - negative inventory

Hi there,

When I go into Setup>Preferences>Security and tick the box to lock or unlock a period, I get the attached warning message.  I can click OK and the message goes away, but I would like for this to not show at all.

I don't have any items that have negative on-hand quantities, so I'm unsure how to remove this message or correct what needs to be corrected.

This was a warning message that I inherited when I took over the accounting role for this business.

Any ideas?

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi WaihiCH 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Thank you for reaching out about this. We are sorry for the late reply. May we ask if you’re still getting the error message on your end? If so, to assist you further may you please send a private message along with the following details below:

• Serial Number
    • Company Name
    • Your Full Name and Email Address
    • Screenshot of the exact error message your are receiving. 

We will be waiting for your response. 

Cheers,

Shella_A

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi WaihiCH 

The message refers to items with negative on hand quantities 'or have been received without a bill' - do you use MYOB's Receive Items feature?

To check, open Purchase Register, select Orders tab, set start date to 1/7/2000 - check for a tick in Received column - any there? Any dated before the proposed Locked Period Date? If yes, then these are what the message refers to. Suggest you spend some time in the Support section searching for 'Received Items' or similar for a better understanding of how this works.

Whenever you Receive Items against an Order, MUST convert that Order to a Bill. 

If you do not use Received Items (that is, there are no ticks) - there may be a bug in your file that needs to be fixed. Suggest you send requested details to Shella_A 

Regards

Gavin