How to add a date period to recurring invoices

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SMICP
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

How to add a date period to recurring invoices

We are a Hire company and invoice customers for a period of 7 days (1 week). Invoices are created as recurring, and we are currently creating a header line and adding the date range for the hire period. i.e. "period of hire 01/07/2022 to 08/07/2022". We need to look into how we can automate the period of hire onto custom invoices - this would be identical to the invoices MYOB send to us monthly, showing the "period" with a date range.

I assume/hope that this can be done by creating a custom invoice and adding a field or data that calculates the date +days - or are there other methods to achieve the same outcome? 

5 REPLIES 5
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: How to add a date period to recurring invoices

Hi @SMICP 

Welcome to the Community Forum. You could Set up a recurring transaction, so if the description is going to often be the same you wouldn't need to type it in each time. 

Alternatively, there is the option to Create time billing invoices, which can display a date column. So there would be an additional column for date, and you could have a transaction line for each date the hiring includes, which will then calculate it based on how many dates have been entered.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

SMICP
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Samara, 

Thanks for the prompt reply. 

I'm not sure why this is not an option, and I hope that MYOB looks at adding it at a later date. After all, Myob already uses the exact date period in their own invoicing, and I assume they would not be altering every customer's invoice each month manually - or do they? 

Thinking of the number of businesses out there that would do recurring invoicing for services i.e. hire, labour, or subscription services, that could benefit from a simple period-date range on the invoices. I am really shocked that this is not a standard feature. 

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @SMICP 

To my knowledge, this is not something that we are actively working on or considering, however, may be something that is looked at for the future.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

SMICP
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

What does the "Currently, the delivery status preference is based on an indiviudal card basis - not on a company file setup basis." have anything to do with my quire? 

Also, two weeks to respond? 

Must state I am getting increasingly frustrated with MYOB every day, and the lack of response or replies as such just adds to the issues. 

Maybe time for a change. 

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @SMICP 

Thanks for your feedback. 

There did appear to be an error with relation to my previous post on this thread and I have edited it to show the correct information for this thread. 
It should also be noted that this is a community-driven forum. While MYOB would love to engage in all posts, at times, some posts are best suited for the Community and will not be touched by an MYOB Moderator.

As has been indicated, at this time adding a date period to recurring invoices is not an area that we focusing on for development. However, if you are keen to see that inclusion in the software we would recommend suggesting it to the MYOB Business/Essentials Idea Exchange for consideration of the Community and our product teams.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post