Import Error 4077

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
tfaccounts
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Import Error 4077

Hello, 

We are having issues updating our prices on existing items on AccountRight. The import log is showing The import error 4077 'you have sales for this item'

Could you please assist?

10 REPLIES 10
mcfproservices
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Import Error 4077

Hi

We are having the exact same errors, cannot get price changes to take correctly in our company file from supplier price lists no matter how much we try.
Export items, create a "template" auto match, manual match - JUST DOES NOT WORK.

So, I just did a test from the sample file, exported the items, less than 40 lines.
Then just changed the prices and tried to import the same file back, automatching all fields and the same error on at least 7 items !!!!

0 records imported without errors.
28 records imported with warnings.
7 records skipped.

Summary of errors
Error -4077: You have sales for this item.
Warning 74: #Items per buying unit may only be specified for items that are bought and inventoried
Warning 75: #Items per selling unit may only be specified for items that are sold and inventoried
Warning 240: Price Level A, Quantity Break 1 not equal to Base Selling Price; Bases Selling Price substituted.

Q. If we cannot do a basic export/import on the tiny sample file, what hope is there for adding over 10,000 items each price sheet, and at least 3 suppliers most items will have sales, thats the point of doing price changes in the first place... 

This is so frustrating and is such a bloody waste of time, there has to be a better way to simply update price lists.
As a IT tech using csv's and import export is almost a daily chore - but not with AccountRight.

I'm happy to pay someone or get a 3rd party provider involved as the customer is loosing so much money in sales due to the inability to bring price changes in via supplier feed.
The next option will be to ditch myob, this is costing far too much in sales and time trying to work it out.

We allways managed proir to AR cloud, Prem 19.6 was easy, backup, get excel file, import, match fileds needed, and bingo "just worked".

Any help for this ??

mcfproservices

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,868 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,868Posts

1,028Kudos

756Solutions

Hi @mcfproservices and @tfaccounts , welcome to the forum. Error 4077 on import is a well-known issue, and MYOB moderators will run a script over your files if they are online. 

To do this they typically need to know:

- the last 4 digits of your serial number

- the file ID (via Help, About...)

- location of file (ie online or not)

You could post that information here in anticipation. 

If they need more info, they will ask you to send it in a private message.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

tfaccounts
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Here are the details @Mike_James 

- the last 4 digits of your serial number - 0269

- the file ID (via Help, About...) - 1

- location of file (ie online or not) - Online

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Hi @tfaccounts,

Thank you for your post and for proving those details. 

I have just run the required script over your file to correct errors like these.

Do let me know if the issue persists. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Hi @mcfproservices,

Thank you for letting us know. 

As @Mike_James mentioned above, please provide the last 4-digits of your serial number + Company File ID this relates to (Help>About MYOB AccountRight>Company File ID:__). Happy to take care of this for you. 

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

mcfproservices
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Mike/Mods, thanks for taking the time to reply.

The actual working company file we have online, cannot import price changes if sales exist, but allows "new" items to be created - almost the direct oppisite of what is required, very frustrating as the items we are selling are not getting price changes and prices have increased several times just in the last few months to point our sell pricing is way under buy pricing.
The company file has been migrated from Prem 19.6 been reduced in size had a lot of adjustments eg culled over 120k items last year, so while it does not import correctly, there may indeed be underlying issues we are unaware about.
The business is machinery and repairs industry, so parts catalog and pricing is supplier based, the importing is to match supplier codes as well as preset prices.

I have personally burnt and wasted many hours/days trying to import correctly, had another person also try for a full day, reached out for a consultant but cannot even book one in our area.
The owner is so desperate they are try to update as many prices by hand as they can just to stop the better sellers from bleeding him dry.

BUT using the clearwater file.
However having the same errors and a brand new "clearwater" local libary sample file used for sanity testing just makes no sense at all. The most basic test was to export all items, leaving no fields out, open in excel manually changed every price by hand - no formula etc. Then import that file back in and producing the same errors - there must be something going on that causes this. The sample file cannot also have file errors?

Anyway our comany file serial ends in 2677, is number 1 and is online.

Once scripted/repaired I can test with a couple of items and will know within a few mins if imported works or not.

Regards
mcfproservices.

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Hi @mcfproservices,

Thank you for providing the details of the situation, sorry to hear about this, however, happy to help!

Furthermore, I'm having trouble locating your account, could you please send me a private message with your full serial number? 

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

mcfproservices
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Sam,

sorry ID is 2 not 1 as I first posted.

I have sent a private message but system chucked an error, I dont know if it went or not, yours was the only message I tried.
Not having much luck today.
"You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

mcfproservices

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Hi @mcfproservices,

Thanks for letting me know. 

If you clear your browser cache, this should resolve the private message error. 

Do let me know if the issue persists. 

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post