Import Sales Data from Excel

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
TorelloSiyao
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Import Sales Data from Excel

Dear All,

I am new to Account Right. Previously I have been entering sales data from the software (Enter Sales) page. Now I want to explore if there is a quicker way to do this.

I wonder if I import sales data from a txt file (which I have created through the template), will I lose all the data from previous sales? Will the new data imported be added to the company file or the entire Sales record will be updated? 

I am feeling a bit scared to try this. 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,039 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,039Posts

919Kudos

640Solutions

Re: Import Sales Data from Excel

Hi @TorelloSiyao 

When you import transactions, they are added as new transactions. You cannot Update Existing as you can with importing cards or items etc. So an import will not affect existing entries.

An import cannot be un-done - so always backup before an import in case it goes wrong. If new to importing I suggest you practice on a local copy of your file first. Or start with importing 2 invoices rather than 100.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
TorelloSiyao
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you so much! Just wondering how do I practice on a local file? 

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,039 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,039Posts

919Kudos

640Solutions

Hi @TorelloSiyao 

Depends where your file is currently located - if on your computer, find it an make a copy as you would with any file. If it is online, you need to make a backup and restore it locally. See this Help article (restore your company file ) in MYOB's Support centre - as you are new to AR, you might want to spend some time in the Support Centre to see what is available.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post