Importing Supplier Card File to make Status Inactive

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Eswari
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Importing Supplier Card File to make Status Inactive

Hi, our supplier card file needs to be data cleansed and I need to make supplier accounts inactive as these haven't been used for several years and not all data fields have been updated. The format of the import file was obtained after exporting the supplier card file from MYOB AccountRight.

I tried to import the supplier card file after changing the Card Status from N to Y. I imported 3 suppliers to test if the import is successful but the records hadn't been updated. The field Co./LastName was selected for matching. The import file format was csv. The import file contained all fields and I didn't remove any columns/data. There are no addresses against these suppliers and the Card ID is *None

The log file shows 3 records imported without error but this is not the case.

3 records imported without errors.
0 records imported with warnings.
1 records skipped.

Summary of errors
Error -270: Record ID may not be blank. Card not updated.

The attached file shows one record. I have chaged the names and the Bank Account Numbers for privacy reasons. All other data are the same. Please assist. 

4 REPLIES 4
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: Importing Supplier Card File to make Status Inactive

Hi @Eswari 

You are on the right track to export the supplier cards from AccountRight with all fields included and use it as a template, and test the import with a small sample pool. 

However, the attached sample file looks odd, the headers and the actual data are all within the same line instead of separate rows. Additionally, the import file should be a text file, so once editing are done in Excel please save it to a .txt file. 

I'd suggest recreate the test import file then try again, please feel free to let us know how you go.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Eswari
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Clover,

Thank you for your prompt response. I retried importing the file by removing all the column fields that weren't required as the objective was to make the Supplier Account Status Inactive. There were four columns in the import file - Co./Last Name, First Name, Card ID, Card Status. The field Co./Last Name was used to match. As advised, the file format was Tab Delimited. However, the record didn't update. The log file shows the record was updated but this is not the case. The import file was opened in Note Pad and it looks good, but kindly check and advise as it's not working.

1 records imported without errors.
0 records imported with warnings.
0 records skipped.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Eswari 

Thank you for the update and the sample file attached.

Generally speaking, when exporting data from AccountRight and use it as a template, I'd suggest keeping all the available columns (re-arranging is fine) and only update data of the required columns, this would avoid removing mandatory fields unknowingly. 

Having said that, I've tested with your import file by creating a supplier card of the same name in AccountRight with no other details, the import successfully changed the card to Inactive. image.png

So I'd suggest double checking the following:

- Is the supplier card's Co./Last Name unique? If not, please match card using Record ID instead. 

- make sure the preference is set to 'Update existing data' for data already exists in the file

- When matching import fields, use 'Auto match' instead of 'Match All' to avoid mis-match

- Keep all exported columns and only update the required data

Please feel free to let us know how you go.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Eswari
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Clover,

Thank you for your instructions. It was helpful. I imported the data and it all worked well. 😊

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post