Inventory Items going to inventory, not purchases

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ONLou
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Inventory Items going to inventory, not purchases

Hi There,

As of January we have an issue with our P&Ls.

Usually all purchases (including inventoried items) show up in Purchases on the P&L after the supplier bills have been paid. Now they do not.

They are being trasnferred to inventory.

This is a problem for us as we manually create a GJ of an approximate % of the stock we know we have used proportionate to sales to understand the profit for the month.

(we buy in full lengths of metal but only use parts to create product and therefore the stock does not get counted out as part of the 'Sale' transaction',. Our sales do not count out individual items. Just job lots.

Has anyone encountered this or know why it may have changed.

And how can we fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,030 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,030Posts

914Kudos

640Solutions

Re: Inventory Items going to inventory, not purchases

Hi @ONLou 

Check the Item Profile for an affected Item. If you use 'I Inventory' for the item, then this is normal behaviour, the purchase goes to Inventory and the COGS is calculated as each Item is sold. If using "I Buy' and or 'I Sell' - check the setting for Expense account.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
ONLou
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gavin,

It is all our items - which is over 300 difference metal profiles.

We don't sell the items individually. They are cut multiple times for multiple projects and our estimating software does not talk to MYOB.

Up till December 2021 we had no issues and they all posted the bills to purchases.

Do you know if a recent upgrade would have changed the settings?

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,030 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,030Posts

914Kudos

640Solutions

Hi @ONLou 

I am not aware of such changes caused by an Upgrade.

In fact, once an Item is sold or purchased without the 'I Inventory' setting, that setting can no longer be changed. So I would take a closer look to see exactly how the Purchases were treated in the past. 

If there clearly is an issue perhaps attach a screenshot of a Item Profile and an example of a posting to Purchase in the past and one to Inventory now for the same item. Someone might be able to spot the issue/cause.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post