Invoices auto numbering

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
pandasaigon
Trusted Cover User
72 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

72Posts

3Kudos

5Solutions

Invoices auto numbering

Dear MYOB Team,

I am using MYOB AccountRight Plus latest version 2022.8.0

In general the sales invoice number is generated automatically as it should be. The number is normally starting with triple 000 then folllow by a new sequence number.

The last new sales that I have created on the MYOB, I notice that the invoice number is also created automatically but in a strange way, that it is now using the same numner of a previous sale but it changes the first two digit to BD then follow by a old invoice number, for example: it should be 00012345  (12345 is a new unique number )  but it is now: BD012344 (00012344 was already been used previously on a previous sale )

Can you please explain why it is doing this? and how to fix it? Althought the new invoice number is still unique by starting with BD but it still is very confusing and it should not using the same number. 

Thank you

Cynthia King

1 REPLY 1
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Invoices auto numbering

Hi Cynthia (@pandasaigon

Thank you for your post. The automatic invoice number function tries to be helpful and remember what you have used previously. So it will use the last alphanumeric # then +1. 

If it is populating BD012344, and you want to bring it back to numerical numbers only, then overtype the number a few times until it picks up the new pattern and auto-fills correctly.

if you have any further questions, please let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post