Passing on credit card charges using MYOB Invoice app

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JV88
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Passing on credit card charges using MYOB Invoice app

We have recently set up accepting online payments and we want to pass on the credit card surcharge to the client. I appear to have set this up correctly as it is automatically ticked if I initiate the invoice via the desktop, however, if the invoice is sent from the the MYOB Invoicing app, it does not charge and there is no option to select it.

Is there a way to make this automatic as well? We are a plumbing business so invoices are issued on the spot using the app.

Please help

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Re: Passing on credit card charges using MYOB Invoice app

Hello @JV88 

Thank you for your post. 

You should be able to include online invoice payments as an option when using the invoice app. You just need to have it checked and should be an option below the Tax inclusive.

If you don't have this in your invoice app I would check to make sure you are using the updated app. This should be the one with the logo of a document.

You can get a download link from our Help Article on using the MYOB invoice app.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

JV88
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for replying Chris.

We have it set up to accept online payments in the app, which is working well, however you don't have the option to tick 'apply surcharge' that you have on the desktop version. As a result, we don't appear to be able to pass the surcharge onto the client.

Are we missing something?

Jo

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello @JV88 

When you set up online invoicing, you do have the setting to turn on online surcharging for all invoices. and you will have the option to turn it off for individual ones when creating the invoice while in the application. 

This should apply to all transactions from wherever you send them.

I have linked our Help Article on surcharging customers which provides the steps to turn this on for all invoices.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

JV88
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I've been waiting for the statement to see if the surcharge is being charged to the client - but its not (we have not received any payment into the income account selected for the surcharge)

I looked at the 'surcharging customers' article you mentioned in your reply, but my screen is different to what is shown in the article. I am using version AccountRight 2022.10.24.7529 and this is what I see (format changed when posted):

------------------------------------------------

Credit card surcharging 

Choose to pass on the credit card fees for MasterCard, Visa & AMEX payments before you send your invoice.

Surcharge Options
O Don’t surcharge credit card payments
O Enable the option to pass on credit card surcharges
-------------------------------------------

I do not have the button to select "Surcharge Credit Card payments", and there is no option when processing invoices in the app to select to pass on the surcharge as there is in the desktop version.

Please help
ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello @JV88 

If you are changing the settings through the web browser rather than the desktop application. these settings can be found by doing the following steps:

1. Click your business name and choose Sales settings.
  2. Click the Payments tab.
  3. Click Edit preferences. If prompted, sign in with your MYOB account details.

This is where you will be able to turn on surcharging. 

If the screens are different are you able to please provide screenshots of how yours appears so that I may investigate further.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post