Purchase Order Window - Does not Close

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Auntyethel
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Purchase Order Window - Does not Close

I have been using AccountRight for purchases orders for a long time, this problem started when the option to select a form was issued with an update......... so it has been driving me batty for quite sometime Smiley Happy

When I create a purchase order whether it has monetary value or not, I send it to disk. I am given the option to select a form, which I do. Once it has been sent to disk the dialogue box I was using is still open. It does not close and start a new one. I have to select record, which then closes the dialogue box complete and goes back to the Purchases Command Centre. Where I have to select Enter Purchases again!................... it is time consuming and driving me up the wall. Please help or issue a patch to fix it.

I have attached a PDF of screenshots showing the select form, the dialogue box after it has been sent and what happens when I press the record button.

Regards,

Karen  

2 REPLIES 2
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Purchase Order Window - Does not Close

Hi @Auntyethel 

Thank you for your post. There are a few things that are happening as to why it brings you back to the purchase order and not a new purchase window.

1. It is not possible for a user to save or print a purchase order that has not yet been recorded.

2. When you are recording multiple purchases without downloading a copy immediately after recording it, by default after hitting record it will come back to the new purchase screen.

3. If you were to edit a purchase order (for example saving to disk), after it is saved it will change the Delivery Status to Already Printed or Sent, then bring you back to viewing the purchase that you just edited.

So when you follow the steps of; creating a new purchase order > downloading a copy to disk - you are actually recording a transaction then editing a transaction. So in this situation, after you download the order, it is responding in the same way as if you were editing a transaction as you have now technically edited the transaction after recording it.

Hope that makes sense.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Auntyethel
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Purchase Order Window - Does not Close

Thank you SamaraM,

I understand what you have said, my point is, this never used to happen before the update where you were not prompted to select a form......... selecting a form does in fact record the purchase order therefore it should take me to a new purchase window, I use the same method of 'send to disk' with invoices and it takes me to a new invoice window after I have saved it to the PC.

Having said this, even when I do select record after I have sent it to disk, it closes the purchase dialogue box and takes me to the purchase command centre where I have to select enter purchases again! Smiley Sad

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post