Receivables Reconciliation (Summary) Report vs Receivables Reconciliation Exceptions Report

easyasltd
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Receivables Reconciliation (Summary) Report vs Receivables Reconciliation Exceptions Report

I have a $99 balancing issue between the Receivables Reconciliation (Summary) Report & the Receivables Reconciliation Exceptions Report. I have spoken to your Helpdesk & he told me the Receivables Reconciliation (Summary) Report pulls from the balances outstanding per the Customer Cards & the Receivables Reconciliation Exceptions Report pulls from the outstanding Sales invoices. I personally don't understand how there can be a difference as I cannot issue an invoice without a Customer Card linked?? This is a historic issue & would appreciate help in sorting this out. Please note this is a not a balancing issue with our Trade Debtors.

3 REPLIES 3
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,135Posts

116Kudos

485Solutions

Re: Receivables Reconciliation (Summary) Report vs Receivables Reconciliation Exceptions Report

Hi @easyasltd 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

Receivables Reconciliation summary report, this report displays all open invoices with the selected date while Receivable Reconciliation exception report - this report compares the total balance of your customers' outstanding invoices to the current balance of the link receivables account.

I would recommend to run the company data auditor to check the cause of this. It is best to talk to your financial advisor too. 

The Help Article, Receivables, payables or inventory out of balance, has detailed information you might find useful too. 

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Qiu
Contributing User
26 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

26Posts

0Kudos

5Solutions

Re: Receivables Reconciliation (Summary) Report vs Receivables Reconciliation Exceptions Report

Hi , I have the same issue, that my receivables reconciliation is balanced, but Receivables Reconciliation Exceptions is out. 

What you mentioned "all open invoices " & "the total balance of your customers' outstanding invoices" seems same to me, can I understand what is the difference? 

@Princess_R wrote:

Hi @easyasltd 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

Receivables Reconciliation summary report, this report displays all open invoices with the selected date while Receivable Reconciliation exception report - this report compares the total balance of your customers' outstanding invoices to the current balance of the link receivables account.

I would recommend to run the company data auditor to check the cause of this. It is best to talk to your financial advisor too. 

The Help Article, Receivables, payables or inventory out of balance, has detailed information you might find useful too. 

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,135Posts

116Kudos

485Solutions

Hi @Qiu,

Thank you for your post.

In AccountRight, the receivables reconciliation summary report provides a comprehensive overview of the reconciliation status for your receivables at a specified date with tax and includes a summary of all transactions, showing a comparison to the receivables linked account balance. While the reconciliation exception report provides the total balance of your customer's outstanding invoices to the current balance of the linked receivables account, focusing on any discrepancies that have been recorded in the system. Kindly refer to this Sales reports, which has further information about reports.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm here to help in any way I can.

Cheers,
Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post