Receivables With Tax and Payables With Tax Reports - reporting realised gain/loss amounts

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LisaJK
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Receivables With Tax and Payables With Tax Reports - reporting realised gain/loss amounts

HI.  

We migrated from V19 to AccountRight back in October last year and our file contained history of and one or two current multi currency transactions at the time.  The migration went relatively smothly with a couple of strange $0.01 +/- transactions showing on the Receivables Reconciliation Detail report, although the overall report total was correct.  The file had to be fixed and I thought all was fine.  As part of revewing the 30/06/2022 balances I have run the two above mentioned reports that I have not used before, only to find that they are wildly out and there are cusomers and suppliers (that we haven't transacted with for years) that are now appearing on the report but the amounts showing as outstanding are actually the realised exchange gain/loss values on the transactions for those customers since the inception of the old MYOB V19 file.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Does anyone else run mult-currency and use this report sucessfully?  I am assuming this issue was caused at the time of the file migration but I didn't realise.  I would appreciate any assistance or guidance you can provide.  I am thinking that support will probably need to fix this, but I feel this might be quite complex and the regular support line may not have the experience for this issue.

2 REPLIES 2
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,868 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,868Posts

1,028Kudos

756Solutions

Re: Receivables With Tax and Payables With Tax Reports - reporting realised gain/loss amounts

Hi @LisaJK , those reports are known to give incorrect figures (because realised variances are included) when multiple currencies are involved. There is nothing you can do except ask MYOB to put out a correction in a future version. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

LisaJK
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Receivables With Tax and Payables With Tax Reports - reporting realised gain/loss amounts

Hi @Mike_James 

Thank you so much for your reply.  That is super frustrating to have a report but not be able to rely on it's accuracy. At least I know it is not a problem in my file.

Regards

Lisa

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post