Receivables with Tax Report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JulieT
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Receivables with Tax Report

Good morning,

When I try to run a Receivables with Tax report I am receiving an error 'An application operation has timed out.".

I am having no trouble running a Payables with Tax Report.

Please help.

Julie

5 REPLIES 5
JulieT
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Receivables with Tax Report

Good morning,

I am still unable to produce a Receivables Tax Report.  I am with the accountant tomorrow and really need this addressed so I can do our quarterly BAS.  

Please help.

Julie

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @JulieT 

A timeout error is typically caused by AccountRight being asked to process more information than it can handle in the allotted timeframe. In some instances, this error can be overcome by reducing the amount of information being processed, such as using a smaller date range.

Additionally, you may also want to apply the timeout extender. This is designed to extend the amount of time AccountRight allows before throwing a timeout error.

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,032 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,032Posts

916Kudos

640Solutions

Hi @JulieT 

I find this is common with many files, one or the other report takes 'ages', depending on the number of customers v. the number of suppliers in the file.

Given this report (Receivables with tax) is an 'as at date' report,  @Tracey_H  suggestion about date range won't help. The timeout extender might.

If this fails you may need to make a backup, restore locally and generate the report that way. 

Can I ask why you use this report and not the Receivables Summary Reconciliation? From my experience, this report is more reliable. The Receivables with Tax is known to have errors when finance charges are involved or when multi currency is used.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
JulieT
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gavin,

I am looking for a GST discrepancy on my Debtors Ledger.   The easiest way I have found to trace the problem is to pinpoint the customer by the Receivables with Tax report.   Then investigate their transactions for that period.  I don't think I can do this from the Reconcilliation Report.  I would be grateful for advise on a better track and trace method.  I don't have to do it often but it is tedious when I do.

Julie

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,032 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,032Posts

916Kudos

640Solutions

Hi @JulieT 

See this post for a possible alternative report - this user also was having problems with Receivables with Tax Report. The alternative report helped in her situation and may work for you.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post